Perl compiling

Giulio Prina Ricotti brainlynx at inwind.it
Sun Oct 28 23:14:47 PST 2001

Hi,
still building for the first time an LFS system, I've encountered this error
while compiling perl right after chroot.

libperl.a(perl.o): In function 'S_parse_body':
perl.o(.text+0x1d48): undefined reference to 'SOCKSinit'
collect2: ld return 1 exit status
make: *** [miniperl] Error 1

The same error came when I answered yes to the question "do you need
libperl.so" (or similar), so I turned the option off, but the error still
exists (and is the one I posted above). I've also tried to turn off the
option "Enable SOCK proxy use" (or similar, sorry I can't remember the exact
text of the question), but the problem is still here.

The Base System is a Mandrake8.0, mounted on a i686, but I upgraded gcc with
a mdk8.1 CD (gcc.2.96-0.62mkd).

Thanks

Giulio Prina Ricotti
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org