glibc and /dev/null in the chrooted environment

Mike Labriola labriomd at clarkson.edu
Sun Oct 28 08:16:38 PST 2001

ok, this has got me stumped...  my guess is that it's probably some dumb
little error on my part, but i just can't find it.

i'm building another lfs system on my other machine and when i get to
enter the chrooted environment and run the script listed on lfs 3.0 for
glibc i get this error:

../glibc-2.2.4/configure: /dev/null: Permission denied
../glibc-2.2.4/configure: /dev/null: Permission denied
configure: error: can not run ../glibc-2.2.4/scripts/config.sub

so...  it's bailing before it even gets through the configure...  ouch
what's confusing is that /dev/null is created in the first step of that
script.  i looked through the archives, and found a thread suggesting
that i just exit the chrooted env and reenter it, but that didn't do
anything different.

anyone else run into this before?

-mike

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org