make xconfig for Linux

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 04:58:38 PDT 2001

I have really missed not being able to set up Linux using make xconfig, so
I thought I would investigate.

I downloaded  tcl8.4a3.tar.gz and  tk8.4a3.tar.gz from
dev.scriptics.com/software/tcltk/downloadnow84.html

Tcl built, tested and installed; see tcl8.4a3/unix/README. Do not delete
the build directory until after you have built tk, as it is used.

Tk also built OK.  The notes say that the tests will fail due to "fonts and
window sizes", and they did; so I installed it.

The binaries were tclsh8.4 and wish8.4; so symbolic links are needed for
wish and tclsh.

make xconfig now works.  There were no dependencies,  I originally thought
that Python and dejagnu would be involved.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org