pppd and other stuff

Guillermo Pereyra Irujo gpirujo at mdq.com
Wed Oct 24 05:32:51 PDT 2001

> i have a 56k external modem and i would like to connect to internet.
> Can someone tell me what packages i need to download and where to
> download?

You may need setserial to set the irq for the serial port of your modem
and you will definitely need pppd. I don't know download locations, but
they appear first or almost when you search google for the packages'
names.

You will also need to enable PPP in your kernel.

--
Guillermo Pereyra Irujo
Mar del Plata, Argentina

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org