Recompile pays... :-D

Plasmatic plasmatic at softhome.net
Tue Oct 23 22:36:26 PDT 2001

>Another classic is X + Tcl/Tk.  Tcl compiling looks for a path to X libs,
>Tk depends on Tcl, and XF86Config (or some such utility) depends on Tk.

XF86Setup actually.  You could build Tcl and Tk before running XF86Setup I'd assume (since the server settings wouldn't need to be in place
to compile a program).  But yes, not a bad idea to mention it anyway, since most people would want to run XF86Setup right after building XF86.
Just had to point that out (yes, that's who I am ;)

-Plasmatic
Plasmatic(at)SoftHome.net

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org