Recompile pays... :-D

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Tue Oct 23 17:09:46 PDT 2001

> I just want to make a point about the fact that it sometimes helpes to
> recompile programmes/packages to forfill extra/possible dependencies.
>
> At this moment I just have [gpm + ncurses] as an example...
>
> Any thoughts??

It'd be good to build a list of these dependency loops.  I'll volunteer to
write them all up in a hint if people send them in.

Just the day before yesterday I ran into another one with GNOME (which has
a couple, at least) - GConf and bonobo, IIRC.

Another classic is X + Tcl/Tk.  Tcl compiling looks for a path to X libs,
Tk depends on Tcl, and XF86Config (or some such utility) depends on Tk.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org