Minimal Gnome

Mike Hildebrandt mikeh at insight.org
Tue Oct 23 14:58:28 PDT 2001

> From: Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo)
>
> I want to install just the minimal Gnome, just to use some Gnome apps
> under WindowMaker. What do I need to install ? Are there some
> tricks to
> overcome ?

I _think_ it should work to simply follow the Gnome hint and stop after the
gnome-libs package.  IIRC everything after just has to do with the Gnome
panel, applets, Nautilus, etc.  You might need to install the gnome-core
package as well, but try the other apps without it first in case they don't
need it after all.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org