mosfets liquid

Gregory Davis gdavis7 at umbc.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:37:45 PDT 2001

Try also cleaning out the directory and its config.cache after you
downgrade autoconf.  In fact, just untar the tarball all over again and
start fresh, after the downgrade of course.  It is always helpful to do a
make clean before you acutally start to build your programs.  It is always
possible that the person who tarred the ball left some object files in,
though cleaning them out would be more of an optimization benefit rather
than to overcome compiler errors.

Aside:  KDE and many programs written for its libraries do not use autoconf
2.x well.  KDE even states on their website that you should not use
autoconf 2.x for compiling their stuff.  What is the benefit of the newer
autoconf major version?  Why won't KDE developers bump up their code to use
it?  Why is it used in LFS?

Greg

--
"I will share all with you whenever you wish
and do so without ambition, from which I am more exempt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org