Printing addresses

Chris F.A. Johnson c.f.a.johnson at home.com
Mon Oct 22 00:07:19 PDT 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Jan Stifter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:00:26 -0400 (EDT), "Chris F.A. Johnson"
> <c.f.a.johnson at home.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Jan Stifter wrote:
> >
> >> After searching freshmeat without success: I am looking for a program to
> >> manage my addresses (not email-adresses) and to be able to print them in a
> >> format I can specify:
> >>
> >> adr1    adr2      adr3
> >> adr4    adr5      adr6
> >> adr19  adr20     adr21
> >>
> >> on each page.
> >>
> >> Can anybody give me a hint, how to do this?
> >
> >I'm surprised you can't find anything to do it; there are all sorts of
> >address book programs around.
>
> Yes, I looked through a lot of them (around 100), all are capable of
> storing the data, but none can print the addresses in a user defined
> manner which is really a pity :-(.
>
> So still, any hints are greatly appreciated.

Find one that works for you in terms of data entry and management, and
that stores the data in a relatively straightforward format. A module to
format the data in a user-defined manner shouldn't be too hard to add on.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org