glibc prob.

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Sun Oct 21 13:22:25 PDT 2001

[20.10.01 11:54 +0100] Ian Molton <-- :
> Error running localedef. any ideas?
> I have no name!:/usr/src/glibc-build# localedef -i en_GB en_GB

The very correct command is:
localedef -i en_GB -f ISO-8859-1 en_GB

I assume because you did not specify the character set, those
special characters are not recognized. The ISO-8859-1 is the
standard one for western european, so should do for now.

Hope this helps.
--
Erika Pacholleck <pchllck at nexgo.de> @@ -18,9 +18,12 @@ -p+pa -h+ho -c+ec
FAQ     is here: http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-faq/