Shadow + PAM Problem

Bryan K. Lawrence krystopher at mail.com
Sun Oct 21 09:39:50 PDT 2001

Hi all.

I am having a small problem with PAM and Shadow Passwords.  When I try
groupadd or groupdel, I get this message:

groupadd: PAM chauthtok failed

My pam.d/shadow file is:

auth            sufficient      pam_rootok.so
account         required                pam_permit.so
password        required                pam_unix.so shadow md5 use_authtok

This is basically the sample file given with the shadow sources.

It should benoted that the groups DO get created and deleted properly, its
just that the above message is displayed as well.

If anyone can suggest some solutions to this error, it would be appreciated.

THanks much,
Krys
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org