screem

Marco Rinck marco at romulus23.de
Sun Oct 21 06:13:57 PDT 2001

* Stefano <texstefano at libero.it> [011021 17:04]:
> On Sunday 21 October 2001 12:21, you wrote:
> > Stefano wrote:
> > > I got this error message during  Screem compiling and I don't have any
> > > idea about what "-lgnomecanvaspixbuf " is, any suggestion?
> > > /usr/bin/ld : cannot find -lgnomecanvaspixbuf
> > > collect2 : ld returned 1 exit status
> > Have you got a libgnomecanvaspixbuf.so in /lib, /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.
> >  This is what it is looking for.  If not, you will have to get the package
> > that builds it.
> >
> > Possibly you have libgnomecanvaspixbuf.so.<version>; in which case you can
> > add a symbolic link.  It may be installed in a non-standard location; then
> > you will need to add the location to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.
> I've got gdk-pixbuf installed but libgnomecanvaspixbuf isn't in that package,
> where is it?

libgnomecanvaspixbuf IS in gdk-pixbuf. If its not in your system you
should check your install of that package. Look in the source
directory of gdk-pixbuf there should be the file
/usr/src/gdk-pixbuf/.libs/libgnomecanvaspixbuf.so (or whereever you
have your source). If it isn't there you should check your configure
options.

--
Ciao,
Marco