emu10k1

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Sat Oct 20 09:08:55 PDT 2001

J.A. Neitzel wrote:
<snip />
> So, assuming you have one of the SoundBlaster cards (Live?) with the
> emu10k1 chip... If this assumption is correct, you just need to
> compile your kernel with sound support.

<snip />

Sorry, I forgot... Have you already checked to be sure that you have
all of the correct devices files under /dev ??? If not, you will need
to do this also. I think /dev/audio* /dev/dsp* /dev/mixer*; there may
also be others too.

What if you do all this and still don't have sound??? Well, I suggest
the first place to look is in the relevant log files under /var/log .
Also `dmesg' and look that the kernel has found your sound card.
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org