eterm

Ben buzman at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 18:08:46 PDT 2001

The output from configure (for imlib2) is:

checking for XShapeCombineMask in -lXext... yes
checking for TT_Init_FreeType in -lttf... yes
checking for freetype.h... no
checking for freetype/freetype.h... no
checking for freetype.h... (cached) no
checking for freetype/freetype.h... (cached) no

ERROR: freetype.h not found in freetype.h or freetype/freetype.h include
paths. (ie /usr/include, /usr/local/include etc.). You need the freetype
header files to build Imlib 2. This may mean you have to install the
freetype-devel packages for your distribution or if all else fails
find the source for freetype and install that somewhere where Imlib 2
can find the header files.

You can obtain it from:
ftp://ftp.enlightenment.org/pub/enlightenment/
ftp://www.rasterman.com/pub/enlightenment/
You can also obtain it from:
http://www.freetype.org/
You can obtain some truetype fonts from:
http://voyager.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/web_library/fonts/font_archive/

configure: error: Fatal Error: no FreeType header files detected.
#

It just appears like it can't locate the freetype.h file, but as I said, it
is on the system in a few places.

I've tried passing the --x-includes parameter to the configure script, but
still no joy.

cheers,
Ben

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org