SSH trouble again

Adam Sutton adam at adamsutton.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 11:02:34 PDT 2001

You are my hero :D :D :D

It was the permission on /dev/tty. I should have tried that really, I just
assumed that because ssh was suid then it would have root permissions when
accessing such things, but I am guessing this is not correct and that it
only uses the suid to can get access to a port less then 1024 ? Which would
make all of this make sense :)

Well anyway I can now start playing with more fun things.

By the way the error that I got originally was from the latest version of
openssh and this one was an older version, personally I would say the output
from the older version was much more useful.

Thanks a lot

Adam

news:9qpnno$gld$1 at shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org