Install the MD5crypt file

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Thu Oct 18 18:13:38 PDT 2001

Martin Holt Juliussen wrote:

> I have enabled MD5 hash of passwords. After that I needed MD5 support in
> openssh. But when I recompiled openssh, openssh didn't find the md5crypt
> file.
>
> I have the source code in three difrent directories (openssl, shadow and
> glibc). How do I install the file?

So, openssh make fails? Could you post the last lines of output/error
from make? Not just the error, but include maybe 25-40 lines before the
actual error happens.

FWIW, I don't have a md5crypt file on my system. Well, not one that is
installed as part of any package that is... I did not have problem to
compile openssh.
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org