KDM searches in wrong path

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Thu Oct 18 17:57:11 PDT 2001

Jan Stifter wrote:

> Hi,

<snip />
> I could not configure kdm in the KControl Center either. Everything is
> disabled, even though, I switch to root.

Hi =)
Hmmm, if everything is greyed-out so you can't change it? This sounds
like KControl does not know you are root when you do this. Did you start
X as root?

If you are running X as your normal user and do `kcmshell kdm' in a
terminal you will get the KDM configuration module. As your normal user
everything would be greyed-out.

> It is a strange thing, but it is a little OT here. I will contact the
> kde mailing list.
>
> If you don't use kdm, what are you using instead?
> Jan

Oh, I just use `startx' and variations on that (e.g. startx BB). This
starts X with BlackBox on my system. I configured it to do this. This
is not a default of course.
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org