building GCONF (gnome)

Menno Boer mboer at dds.nl
Thu Oct 18 04:01:10 PDT 2001

though I must warn you even that isn't always accurate... consider
Gnome-utils needs the following,,, gdbm and gmp and so on... which aren't
even mentioned on karubik.de (btw they can be taken from
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/(filename) )

Still there are more dependencies laying about that you can walk into....
currently i'm fighting with Galeon and Evolution, but managed this morning
to build Nautilus (without Mozilla support though)

currently I did build a 1.2 Gig of sources... and still counting... when I'm
finished I will try to recreate what I did and perhaps release a new
GNOME-hint, still print it, because the most of those commands do indeed
work...

Goodluck on Gnome. It rocks...

Menno Boer
news:20011018094804.E395 at xanadu...