Some thoughts after finished installation

Ian Molton imolton at clara.net
Thu Oct 18 03:28:05 PDT 2001

On stardate Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:17:50 +1300
Simon began the full scale invasion of earth with the following words:

> on IRIX. I've also had a number of outright crashes when various Gnome
> components died (usually either Sawfish or the panel). I'm trying to
> convince the admins to put WM on the boxes, to see if that performs
better.

Hmm. Sawfish has been ***ROCK*** solid here. you must have broken it
somehow.

the panel used to crash on me from time to time, but it hasnt in quite a
while now.

> As for Nautilus, we found it unusable. Simply running it was enough to
> drastically slow the machine for everyone else - they're high-spec
> machines  (dual-P3 1GHz, 2Gb memory) but running *one* copy of Nautilus
> sent the load  average up to around 5-6.

That doesnt sound right to me. Its **SLOW**, granted, but its never been
THAT bad.

I dont use it. Instead I use the ROX filer. ROXs' filer, well, Rox :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org