KDM searches in wrong path

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Thu Oct 18 02:53:14 PDT 2001

Hi,

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:20:44 +0200, Björn Lindberg
<d95-bli at nada.kth.se> wrote:

>Jan Stifter wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:23:01 +0200, Björn Lindberg
>> <d95-bli at nada.kth.se> wrote:
>>
>> >Did you specify "--prefix=/usr/kde" to the ./configure script?
>>
>> No I didn't. But KDEDIR was exported at that moment, so that make
>> install installed correctly and automagically everything in /usr/kde.
>
>I would try it agin specifying prefix. The configure script might set
>other stuff in other files. I agree with you that that should show in
>the source files. Still, /usr/local is the default location for most
>configure scripts unless you specify a prefix.

Ok, I will try to specify it. I also will pipe kdm trough strings and
will grep about /usr/local. At the moment, it makes really no sense to
me, because kde 2.2.1 is working otherwise very nicely.

Are there alternatives instead of kdm? What are other people using to
start kde?

Thanks,
Jan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org