KDM searches in wrong path

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Thu Oct 18 02:50:54 PDT 2001

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:54:22 -0500, "J.A. Neitzel"
<jan.listbox at belvento.org> wrote:

>Jan Stifter wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:23:01 +0200, Björn Lindberg
><snip />
>>>Did you specify "--prefix=/usr/kde" to the ./configure script?
>>
>> No I didn't. But KDEDIR was exported at that moment, so that make
>> install installed correctly and automagically everything in /usr/kde.
>>
>> I did not find any reference to /usr/local/kde in the source of kdm
>> nor in the Makefile. The Makefile points correctly to /usr/kde, so I
>> wonder, why kdm still wants to read his configuration from
>> /usr/local/kde.
>
>FWIW, I really would be at all surprised if it is a bug in kdm.
>For example, when kde2 was new, kdm didn't work correctly and
>insisted on creating a /.kde directory? Yes, that was "/.kde".
>Now, that is just bad. It got fixed BTW.
>
>So, maybe this is just another bug? I assume that you configured
>kdm in the KControl Center, or whatever it is called??? I can't
>say more since I don't use the kdm any longer...

I could not configure kdm in the KControl Center either. Everything is
disabled, even though, I switch to root.

It is a strange thing, but it is a little OT here. I will contact the
kde mailing list.

If you don't use kdm, what are you using instead?
Jan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org