How does cvs work?

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.uklinux.net
Thu Oct 18 02:17:19 PDT 2001

J.A. Neitzel wrote:

> Any chance you can specify exactly what you would like to be doing
> here? From what you have written, it looks to me like you want to
> access the CVS at cvs.linuxfromscratch.org.

I thought I could check out lfs-hints and the LFS book.  I have an obselete
version of both.  My idea was to check in my old hints and book onto this
CVS.  Then get your machine just to send the differences.  I remember
checking out a huge source tree, several years ago,  and it just sent
differences.

> But, you have also setup a repository on your local machine. Your
> local repository and the repository at cvs.linuxfromscratch.org have
> nothing to do with one another unless I am missing something.
>
> You don't need a local repository to access a remote repository.

To cut down on internet access, my telephone lines ofter break contact I
wanted to update my documentation.

I have built a clean version of cvs-20010926-0930; but do not have the bew
book or hints.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org