Mozilla related

Mike Lundy novas007 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 21:01:52 PDT 2001

> Aside from integration with Nautilus, there isn't a lot of other advantage
> to doing it yourself [...]

No offense, but i beg to differ :) With this in my ~/.mozconfig :

ac_add_options --disable-mailnews
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options '--enable-optimize=-O4 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 -finline
-fno-omit-frame-pointer'
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-crypto

I see a very large increase in mozilla's speed. Friends are also suggesting
that i forgo the chrome for gtk, for even more of a speed increase. Not
exactly sure how to get quantitative proof of this (suggestions?) but it
feels much faster on my 1ghz athlon.