building GCONF (gnome)

Marco Rinck marco at romulus23.de
Wed Oct 17 17:30:29 PDT 2001

* Marc Heerdink <marc at koelkast.net> [011018 01:59]:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:42:33 +0200, Marco Rinck <marco at romulus23.de> muttered:
> > What have I done wrong?
>
> Dunno ;) But you might want to build Gnome with the Gnome hint (http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/), not with the official instructions (they suck / they're outdated etc etc). I think you've not fulfilled GCONFs dependencies...
>
> Gluck!

Oh ... my ... GOD! This is insane! More packages could not be
installed? Its only .... no I don't count it now, I think I go to bed
and think about my decision to install gnome ... :-)

Thanks you very much! Compared to this, the instructions on gnome.org are
nothing. Why don't they include this hint on their site?

Or better still, reduce the amount of packages to install?

--
Ciao,
Marco

-= http://www.romulus23.de =-