How does cvs work?

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 17 13:56:01 PDT 2001

On Wed, 17, Oct, 2001 at 06:33:26PM +0100, Chris Lingard spoke thus..

> Hello all
>
> I have used cvs at work many years ago.  I have set up cvs and RCS and have
> a CVSROOT /cvsroot, and a link from /home to /cvsroot;  it is writeable and
> I can check in local source trees.
>
> Following the instructions on the web I have tried:
>
> bash-2.05$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxfromscratch.org:/cvsroot
> login
[snip]

If you want to get the LFS/BLFS cvs tree then the command should be (I
think):

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxfromscratch.org:/home/cvsroot login
						   ^^^^^^

and the other lines should be changed likewise.

Hope this helps

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Editor