KDM searches in wrong path

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Wed Oct 17 10:54:22 PDT 2001

Jan Stifter wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:23:01 +0200, Björn Lindberg
<snip />
>>Did you specify "--prefix=/usr/kde" to the ./configure script?
>
> No I didn't. But KDEDIR was exported at that moment, so that make
> install installed correctly and automagically everything in /usr/kde.
>
> I did not find any reference to /usr/local/kde in the source of kdm
> nor in the Makefile. The Makefile points correctly to /usr/kde, so I
> wonder, why kdm still wants to read his configuration from
> /usr/local/kde.

FWIW, I really would be at all surprised if it is a bug in kdm.
For example, when kde2 was new, kdm didn't work correctly and
insisted on creating a /.kde directory? Yes, that was "/.kde".
Now, that is just bad. It got fixed BTW.

So, maybe this is just another bug? I assume that you configured
kdm in the KControl Center, or whatever it is called??? I can't
say more since I don't use the kdm any longer...
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org