KDM searches in wrong path

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Wed Oct 17 09:35:04 PDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:23:01 +0200, Björn Lindberg
<d95-bli at nada.kth.se> wrote:

>Jan Stifter wrote:
>>
>> I have compiled my whole kde by exporting KDEDIR=/usr/kde so I don't
>> understand, why kdm is looking for configuration files in
>> /usr/local/kde. I grepped the source code, but couldn't find any
>> "default" definition about /usr/local/kde. I also looked at the
>> Makefile, everything points correctly to /usr/kde.
>
>Did you specify "--prefix=/usr/kde" to the ./configure script?

No I didn't. But KDEDIR was exported at that moment, so that make
install installed correctly and automagically everything in /usr/kde.

I did not find any reference to /usr/local/kde in the source of kdm
nor in the Makefile. The Makefile points correctly to /usr/kde, so I
wonder, why kdm still wants to read his configuration from
/usr/local/kde.

Jan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org