3.0 or CVS??

Marc Heerdink marc at koelkast.net
Wed Oct 17 05:22:45 PDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:26:28 -0400, "Eric T. Miller" <emiller at techskills.com> muttered:
> I am an intermediate Linux user, and LFS noob.  What are the primary
> differences between 3.0 and CVS?  Which one should I focus on first and
> why?

3.0 is stable, CVS is unstable (in other words: development). So go with 3.0 unless you like living on the bleeding edge.

> Also, are there any hardware configurations I should avoid when planning
> build LFS?  Any recommended?

Hmm.. yeah... a 386 isn't a great idea. Why? Well it'll take you a few days to compile glibc... so make sure you have a fast CPU and then everything will work ok.

Good luck!

PS If you post a message to a list, please don't reply to another message and change the subject, erase the contents etc etc. This mail still shows up under the thread you replied to, because of E-Mail internals...

PPS This message belongs on lfs-dev.

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc at koelkast.net