Some thoughts after finished installation

Chris Jensen christopher.jensen at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Wed Oct 17 05:04:44 PDT 2001

I've found xine really good for DivX and other media formats - although I
haven't successfully tried it with dvd's.
For DVD's I use vlc
http://www.videolan.org/
Apart from the most recent release (0.9.2 which won't compiole for me), I
can't remember having any trouble installing or using it.
The other player I've been meaning to check out is Ogle (you can find it on
google). Which I think is still the only player to support DVD menus.

---
Chris Jensen
dr_spirograph at technologist.com

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org