KDM searches in wrong path

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Wed Oct 17 01:22:13 PDT 2001

hello,

I have installed my kde 2.2.1 at /usr/kde. kde works nice and without
any trouble.

However, yesterday I tried starting kdm. If I start kdm as root from
the console, it doesn't complain and is running, as ps aux shows. But
in /var/log/messages, I have some errors.

The first one complains about "could not find
/usr/local/kde/share/config/..." (I have not the box at my fingers).

I have compiled my whole kde by exporting KDEDIR=/usr/kde so I don't
understand, why kdm is looking for configuration files in
/usr/local/kde. I grepped the source code, but couldn't find any
"default" definition about /usr/local/kde. I also looked at the
Makefile, everything points correctly to /usr/kde.

How can I tell kdm to search /usr/kde and not /usr/local/kde ?

Any hints are greatly appreciated
Jan
---
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween
because DEC 25 = OCT 31!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org