3.0 or CVS??

Plasmatic plasmatic at softhome.net
Tue Oct 16 21:42:31 PDT 2001

10/16/01 7:26:28 PM, "Eric T. Miller" <emiller at techskills.com> wrote:

>I am an intermediate Linux user, and LFS noob.  What are the primary
>differences between 3.0 and CVS?  Which one should I focus on first and why?
>
>Also, are there any hardware configurations I should avoid when planning to
>build LFS?  Any recommended?
>
>T.I.A.!
>
>-ezeenomad
>
>--

LFS-3.0 is very current, so not a whole lot has happened in CVS.  As for hardware, anything compatiable in Linux is compatiable in LFS.  In fact,
more so, because unlike other distros which may have hardware-dependent binaries already installed, LFS is merely a 'guide' to building your
own, so you call the shots and you install whatever fits your hardware.  Have fun :)

-Plasmatic
Plasmatic(at)SoftHome.net

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org