libjpeg in KDE 2.2.1

Adam Ottley aottley at home.com
Tue Oct 16 16:44:03 PDT 2001

On October 16, 2001 04:37 pm, you wrote:
> When I use configure in the kdelibs folder and in the kdebase folder I get
>
> checking for libjpeg6b... no
> checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg

That's what you should be getting.  The second line means it found the
libjpeg.so library.  Some configure scripts do multiple checks for different
names/locations of the same library/header/program/etc.  For example, some
gnome programs will show in the configure output:

checking for db1/db.h... no
checking for db_185.h... yes

It's essentially the same header, but it can come from either the db-1.85
package (first line) or the backwards-compatibility portion of db version 3
(second line).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org