libjpeg in KDE 2.2.1

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Tue Oct 16 16:22:54 PDT 2001

Martin Holt Juliussen wrote:

> When I use configure in the kdelibs folder and in the kdebase folder I get
>
> checking for libjpeg6b... no
> checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
>
> I have installed a libjpeg file I found @ tuxfinder because ft.uu.net
> didn't work at the time i compiled kde. Now I have downloaded the
> jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz from ftp.uu.net and installed it(didn't seem like it
> installed any lib* files) but I still get the same message.

I have always noticed this. It has never caused any problems.
AFAIK, it has nothing to do with LFS. I noticed the same thing on
Caldera OpenLinux when I used it. I think you can safely ignore it.

> The problem with no libjpeg6b support seems to be no background image or
> jpeg preview.

You may want to look elsewhere for the problem. If you do:
`ldd $KDEDIR/bin/kdeinit'
and see "libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62" listed...

Then the libs would seem to be fine. Maybe this helps some...
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org