DVD Players (WAS RE: Some thoughts after finished installation)

Mike Hildebrandt mikeh at insight.org
Tue Oct 16 16:07:14 PDT 2001

> From: Mark Hymers

> Can I just check something?  Does mplayer play encrypted (i.e. region
> encoded) DVDs?  I've been looking for some decent DVD
> software for Linux
> for some time...  If it does, do I need an external library
> or something
> to use my DVDs?  I'd really like to be able to watch Blackadder under
> Linux ;-)

The latest version of Ogle (http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/) seems
to work fine for me.  It does rely on a few external libraries, but
everything you need is listed right there on the download page so no
searching around for days to meet the dependencies.  =)

Apparently it's the only Linux DVD player that supports DVD menus, or so
I've heard anyway.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org