Some thoughts after finished installation

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 16 15:53:04 PDT 2001

On Wed, 17, Oct, 2001 at 01:54:18AM +0200, Fabio Fracassi spoke thus..

> > E-Mail:   i suggest Sylpheed, it's very good. Or, for the best futures,
> > Kmail WWW:   for sure Konqueror is the best!
> > irc:        i'm using xchat with great satisfation
> > Ftp:        try Gftp, not bad...
> > For the other things....i'm still looking for something good to play
> > movies, cd's and mp3.
> >
> mplayer for movies (migth know mp3's too) the gui is not to far yet, but
> plays dvd's divx and other stuff fine, without Closed source dll's and easy
> to setup.
> xmms or freeamp for mp3/ogg-vorbis
Can I just check something?  Does mplayer play encrypted (i.e. region
encoded) DVDs?  I've been looking for some decent DVD software for Linux
for some time...  If it does, do I need an external library or something
to use my DVDs?  I'd really like to be able to watch Blackadder under
Linux ;-)

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Editor