Some thoughts after finished installation

Chris F.A. Johnson c.f.a.johnson at home.com
Tue Oct 16 14:24:15 PDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Jeriko One wrote:

> Hey there,
> I've just finished my installation of LFS (CVS Version, not a week old). So
> I've made my thoughts about what to do with this fresh install. Currently, I
> need the following:
>
> 7. E-Mail
> E-Mail... I don't have any idea what do I need to have E-Mail work for me.
> Neither I have an idea which program to choose. I've seen Evolution, and it
> looks great, but this one will only run on GNome (or not? :D )

I use Pine as my mail client (it has mouse support, even over telnet, but
not ssh).

The main site is:
	http://www.washington.edu/pine

There are may patches available at:
	http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

I just use the one which allows sending from the command line.

I use get-mail to fetch my mail from a POP3 server:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/mail/pop/get-mail-1.0.tar.gz

I don't use a mail transport agent.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org