Kde and samba

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:39:48 PDT 2001

For all of those that use kde and samba: I have always wondered why kde's
ioslave for smb didn't work. Yesterday I stumbled upon this:
kdebase-2.2.1/kioslave/smb/libsmbclient-HOWTO.txt. However, samba-2.2.2 now
includes libsmbclient, so just make sure that when you compile samba,
add --with-libsmbclient to the ./configure line. It didn't install by
default, seems something wrong with the Makefile samba creates so I just
copied source/bin/libsmbclient.* to /usr/lib and
source/include/libsmbclient.h to /usr/include. Now kdebase will pick it up
and the IO slave should (hopefully) work.
Grt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org