USB-mouse and DNS

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:30:39 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "b_w at gmx.at" <e9626385 at fbma.tuwien.ac.at>
To: <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: USB-mouse and DNS

> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> >
> > > 1.) how to set up (create /dev/input/mouse) and initialize an
USB-Mouse
> > > (kernel modules already installed)
> >
> > You need something like this in /etc/X11/XF86Config:
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> > # Look at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/docs/README.mouse for more info
> >  Identifier  "Mouse1"
> >  Driver      "mouse"
> > # Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
> > # Option     "Protocol" "usb"
> >  Option     "Protocol" "Auto"
> >  Option     "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>

> Makedev-1.3 did not create the device /dev/input/mice or even a
> directroy /dev/input/. X11 configuration itself is not a big problem,
> but my usb-mouse device is still missing :-(
The most important file to check if you're missing devices and don't wanna
go the devfs-way:
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt. It explains the steps you need to
take in order to add more devices. I wish I could be of more help, but I use
devfs, so all my devices magically appear when I insert them. :)
HTH
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org