bb background

gregturp gregturp at home.com
Mon Oct 15 11:43:12 PDT 2001

On Monday 15 October 2001 10:58 pm, you wrote:
> First of all sorry for the unusual replay, but i've accidentally deleted
> your email and i'm able to continue with this only cos i printed it.
> You brought a light in my mind so i checked the /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc file
> and i finally found out where the system caught the xterms and clock before
> i installed blackbox :-)
> Well, these lines are not in that file:
> if [ -f $HOME/.xinitrc ]; then
> .$HOME/.xinitrc
> else twm &
> xclock bla bla
> xterm bla bla
> xterm bla bla
> exec xterm bla bla
> fi
>
> but it seems that i can fire up my personal  choices at X startup the same
> (excepts xv).
> The thing i haven't noticed before is this: i can see my background image
> just for a millisec before the bb style takes the control, so I think that
> my background is UNDER ( ! ! ) the bb style.
> I tried to comment out the style line in .blackboxrc but nothing changed.
> I also tried to comment out the style block in .blackbox/menu...nothing.
> Any idea?
>
> Stefano

Okay.

Find where the actual style resides - probably in
/wherever/blackbox/share/Blackbox/styles/

Open the style that you normally use and change the
last line to run your xv command.

This is the only way to do it - blackbox is always going
to try to set the background when a style is applied
to it - you have to make sure that the style is using
your xv command to set it.
Otherwise you will need to enter the xv command at
the console every time you change the style.

Any more thoughts?

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org