low latency

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 15 16:55:20 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 07:57:39PM -0300, Adolfo Delorenzo wrote:
> Yup. Actually I've been patching my 2.4 kernels since 2.4.0
>
> A LFS box with a low latency patched kernel can render VERY interesting
> performance results, specially with databases or I/O intensive apps.

I'm guessing compiling LFS systems almost all day long falls under I/O
intensive apps.

Are there downsides from the low latency patch? It improves I/O handling
and some other things i've heard on linux kernel list, but it was never
clear to me if there are performance degradations in other areas.

And, I can't seem to find the low latency patches. URL please

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org