Quake 3 Arena users: please read!

Jared Kidd jaredkidd at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:05:59 PDT 2001

>4) 1.29h & 1.30-final

I've been having some weirder problems with quake 3 after applying those
patches.  Fresh install it works great, but after the patches it will lock
up, crash the x-server, and/or not work as a normal user.

>1) Your current kernel version
>2) Your glibc version
>3) Your X version
>4) Your Quake III Arena version
>5) Your CPU
>6) Your Card
>7) The driver you are using (native XFree/other)
>8) The kernel version glibc was linked against

I'm not at the machine right now (at work) but I'll try my best:
1) 2.4.8 or 2.4.9 (it's one of those, more likely 2.4.9)
2) 2.2.4 (not positive, it's mandrake 8.0)
3) 4.1.0
4) heh, fresh, as after i install the patch 1.29h or 1.30 final (as root) it
is all skrewed up.  I can't seem to find the 1.17 patch any more.
5) AMD Athlon 800
6) Voodoo 5 5500 (run as voodoo4 though)
7) Native XFree tdfx.o
8) Have no idea, probably 2.4.5 as that was mandrake 8.0's stock kernel (I
think)