KDE-Hint: compiling libvorbis-1.0rc2

MJ POLLARD MJ 12322741 at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Oct 15 07:40:10 PDT 2001

thanx, i'll give this a shot and see what happens.

I forgot to add: Running an AMD Duron 600 with 256MB PC133 SDRAM on an
ASUS A7V M/B

Chow

>>> thaz at if.rmci.net 10/15/01 02:46PM >>>
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:00:38 +0200
> "MJ POLLARD MJ" <12322741 at puknet.puk.ac.za> wrote:
>
> > I built a LFS-3.0 system, added X, then got started on the
kde-hint. Everything went fine until I tried to compile said library. It
exits with fatal signal 11 from compiler on the file lib/envelope.c

> > * I rebooted, and tried again, same sig11
> > * I removed envelope from Makefile, the compile goes on and fails
on some other file with same sig11

> > I noticed that envelope.c and this other file compiles to a .lo
extention. Normal .o extention object files gives me no problems.

> > Now i have 2 questions:
> > 1) has anyone else had this problem, and/or could suggest a fix for
it
> > 2) What is a .lo object file that the compiler produces and how is
it different from a .o file

> > Thanx in advance
>
> Happened here as well, but just on one of my boxes. The first, a K6
300 w/ 64 MB RAM, glibc 2.2.4, gcc 2.95.3 and kernel 2.4.10 compiled it
flawlessly. The second, TB 750 w/384 MB RAM, glibc 2.2.4, gcc 2.95.3 and
kernel 2.4.10-ac12 failed the compile. Pretty strage, coz they use
basically the same software. I wonder if it may be caused by the
combination of an i686 platform and gcc 2.95.3 (the K6 is i586)...

> --
> There is no programming language, no matter how structured,
> that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs.
> - L. Flon
>
> Marc Heerdink
> marc at koelkast.net
> http://www.koelkast.net/
> --

Look in the makefile for the variables PROFILE and CFLAGS, then compile
with make CFLAGS='whatever is in makefile less the -mno-ieee flag'
PROFILE='whatever is in makefile less the -mno-ieee flag'

The problem is that the optimization string really doesn't work on i686
platform, although I had no trouble on my k6-2, my athlon chokes with a
sig11.  By compiling withou the -mno-ieee flag it compiles fine.  I
suppose one could patch it, but, it's easier to just pass flags on the
make line.

Mike

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe blfs-support' in the subject header of the
message

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org