VMWare 3.0 Beta

Dave Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 15 02:20:29 PDT 2001

That's interesting to know. Thanks. Since my message below I have
been able to install the beta and it works great. They have
streamlined the interface and it seems to be faster. My problem
was mostly cockpit trouble. I found out that I could run
vmware-install.pl in the chroot environment but had to boot into
LFS to run vmware-config.pl and complete the configuration.

Dave

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:03:00 -0200
Christian Lyra <lyra at pop-pr.rnp.br> wrote:

> HI,
>

> I dont know about 3.0 beta but with the old stable one I could
compile the
> modules with any kernel above 2.4.6!
>
> 	Christian
>
> On Thursday 11 October 2001 17:52, you wrote:
> > Has anyone successfully installed the VMWare 3.0 beta on LFS?
I'm
> > running 3.0-pre4, X-windows and XFce with a 2.4.7 kernel.
VMware

--
David C. Ayers
Quincy, Illinois, USA