word processor

Dave Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 15 02:11:43 PDT 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:32:09 +0200
"texstefano at libero.it" <texstefano at libero.it> wrote:

> > On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 23:20:51 +0000
> > Stefano <texstefano at libero.it> wrote:
<snip>
> > > Well, i like staroffice, do i need to install it from
source or
> > is there
> > > another way? ( cos i already have the binary version)
> > >
> > > Stefano
> > > --
> >
> > I always install it from source, but there may be a binary
> > available that works. The install from source has always
worked
> > for me just fine, although I haven't installed it on my LFS
> > system yet. I'll be doing that soon, I hope. My goal is to
have
> > my LFS ready for my primary system by the end of the year.
>
> Well, since I have never installed programs on LFS from binary,
I'd
> like to khow if it works and how to do it.
> Many thanks,
>
> Stefano

Come to think of it, I didn't install from source. I just
downloaded StarOffice 5.2 from Sun and ran it. It's all scripted,
and I just followed the instructions to get it installed. It's
been a while, and that's my recollection. Maybe you have already
done this. I'm sorry if I confused you.

Dave

--
David C. Ayers