KDE-Hint: compiling libvorbis-1.0rc2

Mike Labriola labriomd at clarkson.edu
Mon Oct 15 04:21:04 PDT 2001

MJ POLLARD MJ wrote:

> I built a LFS-3.0 system, added X, then got started on the kde-hint. Everything went fine until I tried to compile said library. It exits with fatal signal 11 from compiler on the file lib/envelope.c
>
> * I rebooted, and tried again, same sig11
> * I removed envelope from Makefile, the compile goes on and fails on some other file with same sig11
>
> I noticed that envelope.c and this other file compiles to a .lo extention. Normal .o extention object files gives me no problems.
>
> Now i have 2 questions:
> 1) has anyone else had this problem, and/or could suggest a fix for it
> 2) What is a .lo object file that the compiler produces and how is it different from a .o file
>
> Thanx in advance

yup, happened to me too.  there's some stuff in the configure script and
Makefile.in's that needs to be changed...  by default, the optimizations
are too much for gcc or something...  not really sure.
i was using an rc2 tarbal from debian's ftp site (vorbis.com was down
when i wanted it...) and i actually have a patch for it.
what version are you trying to compile?
if it's the rc2 tarbal from debian, lemme know and i'll send you my patch.

-mike

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org