KDE-Hint: compiling libvorbis-1.0rc2

MJ POLLARD MJ 12322741 at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Oct 15 04:00:38 PDT 2001

I built a LFS-3.0 system, added X, then got started on the kde-hint. Everything went fine until I tried to compile said library. It exits with fatal signal 11 from compiler on the file lib/envelope.c

* I rebooted, and tried again, same sig11
* I removed envelope from Makefile, the compile goes on and fails on some other file with same sig11

I noticed that envelope.c and this other file compiles to a .lo extention. Normal .o extention object files gives me no problems.

Now i have 2 questions:
1) has anyone else had this problem, and/or could suggest a fix for it
2) What is a .lo object file that the compiler produces and how is it different from a .o file

Thanx in advance

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org