word processor

Dave Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 14 09:04:33 PDT 2001

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:54:23 +0200
Stefano <texstefano at libero.it> wrote:

> Just two questions about word processor:
> - What's the most reliable and ".doc compliant" word processor
for linux?
> - Is't possible to install openoffice from binary?
> Thanks,
>
> Stefano

Hi Stefano,

For reliability, WordPerfect 8 and StarOffice 5.2 have worked for
me fine and I have no trouble importing and exporting Word or
Excel files (if they aren't too complicated). I also use AbiWord,
which keeps getting better at handling other formats, but it
still isn't quite mature yet.

Dave

--
David C. Ayers