VMWare and LFS

Dave Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 14 08:55:10 PDT 2001

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:47:15 +0000 (UTC)
Paul Campbell <paul at pauls.bsrg.dnsq.org> wrote:

> Dave Ayers <fogey at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > Just comment out the option line. The man page says that the
> > first line loads several extensions and they can be operated
on
> > with various options. Omitting the option above allows dga to
be
> > loaded and initialized.
>
> Can cause other problems later though when you try and use full

> screen.
>
> > I also get a mild complaint when starting vmware that the
high
> > resolution timer (/dev/rtc) is missing. This may cause
on-screen
> > motions to be uneven, but I haven't noticed any serious
problem.
> > Anyone know how to add this timer to LFS?
>
> insmod rtc
> or add it to you Kernel config next time you compile.  It
> makes a stack of a difference when running windows.  About 20%
> difference.
>

> Cya.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

With the omit dga option left in, I couldn't go to full screen
mode at all. Commenting it out allowed normal full-screen
operation. Are there other problems waiting to ambush me?

Thanks for the info about rtc. I will fire it up and see how much
difference it makes using vmware.

Dave

--
David C. Ayers