bb background

Stefano texstefano at libero.it
Sun Oct 14 10:19:18 PDT 2001

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 11:34:10 +0100 (BST)
<drowsy at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Stefano wrote:
>

> >I'm totally lost between .xinitrc and .bsetbgrc trying to set a default background image.
> >bsetbg seems to work only with colors, if i run "bsetbg -f /path to image/image.jpg" nothing happens :-(
> >I've tried all the combinations of xv and bsetbg in .xinitrc and .bsetbgrc but none of them worked.
> >Can someone write it down for me what exactly put in that files, please?
> >Thanks a lot,
> >
> >Stefano
> >

> not a solution, but a suggestion, have you tried xv ?
> ( ftp://ftp.cis.upenn.edu/pub/xv/ ) It's not gpl'ed (shareware for
> personal use) but I have a habit of taking the easy way out.
>
> xv -root -max -quit filename.jpg

Well, I've already tried this command and it works perfectly when i'm in Xterm,
but it doesn't work inside .xinitrc or .bsetbgrc, so i have to write it down every time after running X.
I was looking for a script to set it up automatically when i run startx.

Stefano
--
LFS user   #116
Linux user #204845