Compose key (and console fonts)

Brendan Taylor craftian at subdimension.com
Sat Oct 13 16:42:28 PDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 12:55:11AM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> You'll have to adjust your keyboard mappings to do these things. Look in
> /usr/share/kbd, IIRC there's a keyboard mapping which does just what you
> want. You can gunzip m and edit in your favorite editor. They're even
I don't think it's a problem with the keyboard mapping, because when I switch
to a different font some of the characters display correctly (but often others
are screwed up in their place.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ASCII (...or whatever) codes aren't wrong,
they're just being displayed incorrectly.  When I do a dumpkeys or edit one of the compose.latin*, it is the incorrect characters that appear

> commented! Adjust /etc/sysconfig/keyboard (?) to point at your adjusted
> mapping.
You mean symlink it?

Thanks for the help... I adjusted the gist of the message partway through but forgot to change the subject.  I suppose "Compose key" gives the wrong idea, as I'm fairly sure it's not the fault of the keyboard layout.
--
# cat /dev/null >corporate-amerika
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org